23 Email Sales Lines to Spur Action
In my Cold Calling 2.0 system I recommend using email to set up calls, demos, and appointments. When I consult for my clients tweaking their email copy is something we spend a ton of time on. The importance of email subject lines is well documented. Email subject lines are critical in order to ensure your message actually gets read. But what should you focus on to get your prospect to take action?
- Emails should be simple to understand and easy to answer.
- Keep emails short. Less than 5 sentences.
- Ask simple questions about your prospect.
- Focus on the call-to-actions.
Here are 23 simple call-to-actions that will help you get your prospects to respond.
- Please let me know by [DATE + 3 DAYS] if you are ready to [XYZ].
- What are the next steps on your end?
- My CEO is riding me pretty hard in regards to our partnership. What should I tell him?
- How does this sound to you?
- Just to confirm your next action is [XYZ]?
- Can we make some magic together?
- What did you think of the [XYZ] I sent over?
- Realize you are swamped…should I chat with someone else on your team?
- Just to confirm your remaining action item is [XYZ]. Is that correct?
- What will it take to get 25 minutes on your calendar next week?
- Can you or someone on your team jump on a quick 14 minute call this week to explore?
- Are you still interested in [XYZ]?
- Sorry did I do something wrong or are you just super busy?
- Does teaming up with us make ANY sense for [COMPANY]?
- Whose name should I put on the paperwork?
- Can we please get this baby done by this Thursday?
- [NAME], what do you need from me to get this done?
- Just to confirm we are waiting on [XYZ]?
- All you need to do is [XYZ] and we are set. When can you get that done please?
- Will this work for you?
- What else do you need in order to make this work for you?
- Will you please email me on [DATE + 3 DAYS] to confirm [XYZ]?
- I will send you a calendar invite/reminder about finalizing that paperwork on [DATE + 3 DAYS]. Sound good?
Use these CTA’s to push opportunities from middle-of-funnel (MOFU) to bottom-of-funnel (BOFU). Simple calls-to-action keep the prospect engaged and keep you top of mind.
A killer use case for these CTA’s is in your automated outbound emails. Using tools like Yesware & ToutApp you can strategically place these calls-to-action in your drip sequence to increase response rate.
Below is an example where combining automated drip email outreach with CTA’s proved effective. In this example I combined a CTA with the Predictable Revenue Call Colding 2.0 approach. By cleary asking Brad if he or someone else can jump on a call I give myself 2 opportunities for a small win. Either Brad will be willing to do a quick call or he will pass the buck to another teammate (referral). Just like with the Call Colding 2.0 referral approach it is a very easy action for Brad to just pass me on to a teammate. And that is exactly what he does.
The best place to insert these CTAs is at the end of your email. As a rule of thumb if your email does not end with a CTA you are doing something wrong. Putting the CTA at the end of the email makes it very clear to the recipient what exactly their next action is.
Selling via email is like squirrel feeding – focus on getting a nibble. Keep the messages bite sized. Focus on easy wins like getting the emails opened and responded to. Save your novel for your best selling sales book ?
If you are interested in a pre-selected package of sales apps (like Yesware, Carb.io & Toofr) & email training courses from people like Aaron Ross, checkout The Predictable Revenue Bundle.